Certification of Network Equipment for Specific Network Security Products
On June 27th, 2018, CNCA published the new rule for certification of Network Equipment for specific Network Security Products. Products that fall under the first product category of Network equipment and Network Security Products can now apply for certification.
This certification process is similar to China CCC Certification:
- Certification involves the following: type testing, initial factory inspection, and annual follow up inspections
- Currently, the only certification body approved for this certification is ISCCC (Information Security Certification Center).
- Applications need to be submitted to ISCCC in order for the product to be test in authorized test labs in China.
- Factory Inspections are to be conducted by auditors from ISCCC and the inspection may be extended to R&D Department if the factory site cannot prove conformance.
- Certification is valid for five (5) years
The official certification mark is below:
The Cyber Security Law of the People’s Republic of china has been in effect since June 1st, 2017. It advises that “Network key equipment and network security products should be in accordance with the relevant national standards of mandatory requirements and should be certified or tested by qualified institutions before sale in China.”
For additional information, please contact G&M Compliance, Inc. at 714-628-1020